One-time meetings are single-use meeting spaces that are intended for non-recurring events. Meetings expire 24 hours after the meeting begins.
By default, one-time meetings are private, hidden from the global Meetings directory and only visible to the Meeting Owner and Moderator, but Admins and Super Users can make one-time meetings visible in the directory for events that do not need to be hidden.
Creating a One-time meeting
To create a new one-time meeting:
- Tap Directory in the menu at the bottom of your device screen.
- Tap the + in the top right corner of your device screen.
- Tap Create a Meeting.
- Enter the details for your meeting.
- To the right of Type, tap to open the drop-down menu.
- Select One-time meeting.
- Tap Done to create the meeting.
Starting a One-time meeting
To start a meeting as a one-time meeting:
- Tap the floating purple button at the bottom right of your device screen.
- Tap the square button to Make a New Call.
- Tap One-time meeting at the top of the following screen to start.
- Add or invite participants by tapping the button.
Editing a One-time meeting
When you start a one-time meeting, the mobile app creates the meeting room and takes you directly into the meeting. However, if you end the call, you can edit a one-time meeting. To edit:
- Tap the button to end the call.
- At the Meet screen, locate and tap on the one-time meeting in your recent calls. The default meeting name will be Meeting followed by a six-digit number (ex. Meeting 123456).
- Tap the menu button in the top right corner of the contact card, then tap Edit. You can then edit the details for the one-time meeting to include changing the name of the meeting, typing a description, setting a passcode, choosing a moderator and lecturer, and adding the meeting to your Favorites.
- Once you are finished editing the one-time meeting, tap Done.